From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2007 12:23:06 -0400
I'd bet XP will be around longer than that supported. The problem is, when
you install XP, it's registered to your hardware in the system and I think
some people are afraid that that system will be taken down so you can't
activate windows and it will only be good for a few days. Fact is though,
Vista uses the same system to activate so based on that, I'd bet XP's safe
in that way until a major upgrade comes along to the activation system at
least and I'd say that's a very long time. I switched to XP about 3 years
ago and like it. When will I switch to Vista? not until I have to either by
getting a new computer and not able to get XP anymore, or what ever, I plan
to use XP still for at least another 3 or 4 years. Probably the useable life
of this computer I use now as my main one.