From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2007 12:48:12 -0400
Phil,

For several years, I've been using a program called Clockwatch to set the
clock on my Windows 98 machine.  I got the program from Beaglesoft
(www.beaglesoft.com).  I don't know if it's still available, but it cost
$29.95 when I bought it.  Basically, it runs automatically and sets your
clock via the Internet.  You can configure it to check your machine once a
day, or every few hours if you have a clock that's prone to drift.  You can
even run it manually if you want to, although I rarely found this necessary.
Below is a list of features for the Basic and Pro versions:

Basic
-----
(All functions that are visible from main screen)
Set clock to computer Clock over Internet
Clock Setting Modes:
 Manual
 Periodic (every hour)
 Daily (set time)

Graphs:
 Displays Clock accuracy graphs.

Connection options:
 Already Connected to Internet

Timeservers:
 NIST

Tools:
 World map clock & Countdown timer included.

No advanced features

Pro
---
Clock Setting Modes:
 Manual
 Periodic (user selectable)
 Daily (set time)
 Automatic (makes future time checks based on computer's previous accuracy)

Connection options:
 Already Connected to Internet
 Use ISP to connect to Internet
 Use Internet when available (Wait for Internet connection)
 Directly dial NIST using modem (no Internet)
 Works behind proxy server

Timeservers:
 NIST
 NIST/ACTS
 NTP
 Daytime
 Time

 Includes Timeserver Directory
 Includes Timeserver test utility
 Backup timeserver capability (works down list of timeservers)

Graphs:
 previous settings graph

Logs:
 Clock setting log

Startup Action:
 Load at start-up option

Display options:
 Time in taskbar
 World Clock
 Turn on/off graphs, clock windows

Misc:
 ClockCard compatible

I hope the program is still available.  I've used it for several years, and
abandoned it only when I switched to XP a couple of months ago.

Steve