From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:21:45 -0500
IMO, echolink has it's place, but people have no right getting QSL cards for
an echolink contact, or bragging about it and I hear way too much of that
around here. I don't like the cross talk side of it either where people use
no RF at all. It's not something I use, but if I do I make sure there's RF
involved, in fact I set it so users can't call me unless it's a link,
repeater, or conference, just users can't call me and I use it during
emergency drills around here to get instructions. If it wasn't for that, I'd
probably uninstall it from most of my computers.