Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2007 10:43:03 -0500
From:
Pat Tice <[log in to unmask]>
We tried an LDG Z-100 autotuner at Handiham camp, and Lyle, K0LR, modified it with a peizo buzzer to alert instead of the led for blind users. Other than that, it works great right out of the box. I bought one for use with my IC-706M2G and with a cable it tunes by pushbutton from the from of the rig. I never look at the front of the tuner anyway, so I don't ever use the led indicator. I expect it would be a good blind-friendly tuner for around $150. Reliability on the Handiham unit and ny own has been excellent.

73,
Pat