ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2007 17:28:16 -0600
Okay, Phil and all:

As I understand it, there's a Spanish pastor who is trying to start a
congregation in our area.  Two of Blanca's daughters are involved.  There is
the realization that many Spanish Speaking folks are hurting, with no one
to talk to.  Their idea is to ask a radio station if they could have a half
hour slot to bring the Gospel Message to the lost, and to provide numbers
they could call to get help and prayer.  Blanca felt the Lord leading her to
support such a ministry, but she wanted a clear sign from Him.  well,
yesterday, when she and others prayed for the man who had cancer, the
Presence of God was felt so strongly.  Someone commented that she had wished
so much for someone to pray with her cousin, someone to talk to!  She knows
now, that she got her sign!  this leads me to a decision:  I've been wanting
to move out, because I want a change, because there are so many people in
this house to look after, because they rarely go out into the community or
come to events to which I invite them.  Blanca has asked me to wait until
she gets her kitchen done, but I don't feel satisfied.  We weren't doing as
much as I would have liked before they did house renovations, unless they
were doing things that prevented them from going out that I wasn't aware of.
But now that I know about this ministry, and the way God is moving here, and
the fact that they do not make much money caring for clients, (which I think
is a shame), I'm willing to stay.  I may call a couple, whom I've wanted to
live with for a long time, but who were, and aren't available now.  I have
another interesting story about that, in another message.  So please pray
with me that God will help me do the right thing, and also for this new
ministry!

thanks everyone!

Sharon