ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2007 18:44:00 -0600
Sharon,

That is true, and yet nonetheless dial up, downloading a few mbs at a time
as Overdrive books do, is still faster than snail mail. Like I say one can
hop on line, download a book while you are shopping or cleaning or reading
or whatever and when it is done, it is done. I'd not suggest waiting for it
to be done. It is doable. The books they talked about on the training said
a book is broken up in lots of parts to allow it to be piece mealed in
downloads. Besides, not everyone has time to read a whole book in a
week,  which is the time allowed before the license runs out and you can't
open it. So you download a section, listen to it, then download another
section and so on. DSL now days is not as expensive as it use to be and
some are not much more than dial up use to be. When I started I was paying
close to $20 for dial up, I get DSL now for $28 a month, more than well
worth the extra 8 or 10 bucks.

Brad