ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Schwery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2007 18:23:23 -0400
I heard, after that story, that was not just unconscious, but they
found no pulse when he was found.

I think he started out well but he got into politics and then, it was
compromise after compromise.

One thing I liked about him, in his early years, when he was
preaching on radio, was that when he asked for money, he said that
any money people would give him was supposed to be after their tithes
and offerings for their church.

earlier, Kathy Du Bois, wrote:

>*LYNCHBURG, Va. -- *A Liberty University executive said the Rev. Jerry
>Falwell has died. Falwell, 73, had been hospitalized earlier Tuesday in
>"gravely serious" condition after being found unconscious in his office
>Tuesday. Ron Godwin, the executive vice president of Falwell's Liberty
>University, said Falwell was found unresponsive around 10:45 a.m. and taken
>to Lynchburg General Hospital. Godwin said he was not sure what caused the
>collapse, but "he has a history of heart challenges." "I had breakfast with
>him, and he was fine at breakfast," Godwin said. "He went to his office, I
>went to mine and they found him unresponsive." Falwell, a television
>evangelist who founded the Moral Majority, became the face of the religious
>right in the 1980s. He later founded the conservative Liberty University and
>serves as its president. Falwell survived two serious health scares in early
>2005. He was hospitalized for two weeks with what was described as a viral
>infection, then hospitalized again a few weeks later after going into
>respiratory arrest.
>
>*Copyright 2007 by The Associated
>Press<
>http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/2455821/detail.html>.
>All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast,
>rewritten or redistributed.*

>Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>5/15/2007 10:47 AM

John