ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rhonda Partain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2007 21:03:08 -0400
This is one of those subjects that people sometimes argue about.  I believe
one should follow what he believes is right for him.  I do see examples of
titheing in the  Old Testament,  where Moses told the people to give of
their first fruits, but  don't really know if it is discussed in the New
Testament.  I have friends who are very legalistic about this and even when
they had very little money they would give their 10%to their local church
often at  the expense of not paying their power bill, or having enough food
to eat, is God so  demanding, would He not understand?  I give to different
programs, when I feel I should, it's not a set  amount or something I "must"
do.
I don't feel I will be more blessed if I give versus being not blessed if I
do not,  but again I feel it is a personal choice,  I choose not to get in
to debates over whether or not one gives 10% or not.

Rhonda

--
8:54 PM