EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dick Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Equal Access to Software & Information <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:33:42 -0500
The dust has not yet settled  in the podcast, vodcast, video blog,
vlog dictionary of geekdom. Haven't heard vlog very often. At the
moment, I believe video blog and vlog are much the same thing.

This is from Wikipedia, which is a great place to find things.

A vlog or videoblog is a blog which uses video as the primary content.
Regular entries are made and presented in reverse chronological order.
A typical vlog entry combines an embedded video or video link with
supporting text, images, and metadata.

Vlogs often take advantage of web syndication. Web syndication allows
the distribution of video over the Internet using either the RSS or
Atom syndication formats, for playback on mobile devices and personal
computers.

Vlog Communities exist which are sites that feature vlogs from multiple authors.

Though many vlogs are collaborative efforts, the majority of vlogs and
vlog entries are authored by individuals. The author of a vlog is
called a vlogger.

--
Dick Banks - Chief Technology Officer
EASI Online Courses Starting

Starting July 3, 2006
Train the Trainer
http://easi.cc/workshops/train.htm

Designing Accessible Course Content Using Familiar Software
http://easi.cc/workshops/dacc.htm
EASI PODCASTS

Barrier-free IT - Tips and Tricks
It's About People, Not Technology