ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2007 13:21:08 -0600
Recently, we had a TV put in my office.  My office used to be a breezeway,
so called, between our house and garage so you didn't have to go outside to
get to the garage.  When Everett and Donna got married, they lived in our
basement for about a year which has a one bedroom apartment in it.  When
their house was done in the back of our home, they moved out, of course, but
our garage had to be torn down to provide access, driveway access, to the
backyard.  Everett's lot was separated from my lot and is technically called
a Flag Lot.  Anyway, to conform to city ordnance, the breezeway had to be
cut back by 2.5 feet.  When we first moved into this house nearly 25 years
ago, I made the breezeway into a pair of rooms.  The larger room is now
about 15 by 10.5 feet and the smaller room is only about 7 feet by 10.5 or
there about.  In the smaller room, I have all of my electronic stuff and
that is where the TV went.  I said all of that to say this.  I was watching
something on one of the Science channels last night and as they were talking
about the origin of rogue waves, I got thirsty.  I have some diet pop out in
my office but it isn't cold.  I just reached down, pulled out a can, popped
it and began drinking it at room temperature.  As I listened to the science
program and took little sips now and then, I got to thinking about cans of
pop.  I remember when they first came out.  As a Baptist family, we were
even careful about buying root beer because the word beer was in the name of
the product.  My folks were even concerned about the appearance of drinking
pop from a can where you could be seen by the public because up to this
point, only beer came in cans.  Then I started thinking about the television
in my little personal room with all my radios, recorders, and now my sinful
TV.  As a kid, my dad owned a TV because, he said, those in the church who
didn't have a TV, when their kids came over to play at my house?  All they
wanted to do was watch TV.  When I went to their house, the last thing I
wanted to do was watch TV.  Now, all these years later, I am watching TV and
drinking from a can.  How bad can it get?
Phil.