BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

BP - Telepathic chickenf leave no tracef. Turkey lurky goo-bye!
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 09:10:56 EDT
In a message dated 98-05-12 08:46:51 EDT, [log in to unmask] writes:

> ... I think we should limit the list, make it more exclufive, improve the
>  demographics.  Maybe sell advertising.  Promo tie-ins.  Calvin Klein.
> Reebok.
>  Fweet's.

Chrifftopher,

Times Square billboards with lights? I think we are quickly becomming a self-
limiting list. Either people leave because we are too silly and do not
appreciate our high noise to signal ratios, or we chatter so much that their
e-mail capacity is stressed beyond reason. I like the idea of promos, though,
possibly we could solicit some of the tranquilizer manufacturer's. There was
that guy shilling Preservation Muffins, where did he go? Fweet's is a good
idea, but I am diabetic so have to recuse myself from talking to them. As I
see it the relationships on the list grow tighter, which can only result in
things happening for the preservation movement (what they are I have no idea),
and that new members entering have to struggle to figure out what insanity the
preservationeers have let loose on the land. So, in effect, I think you will
get your wish, though I recommend you consult with Becker for an accurate
forecast as only a few are omniscent.

I very much appreciate your expressing that your goal was to find the historic
connections between the buildings and the people. I can see how you play this
out in your articles and find it very compelling. It keeps me getting up on
Sunday morning and going out for the paper, even though I hate to leave the
house, and despite the rain. Our dogs also appreciate the ride.

][<en