From:
Stephanie Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephanie Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:10:34 -0700

I must say that I'm truly impressed with, not only the amount of
knowledge within this group, but also the complete and utter kindness
and compassion you all have for those of us who don't have answers to
some very difficult questions.

I was overwhelmed and very touched by how many of you responded to me
and shared your personal stories about your families and children.
Please know that I thank you very much for taking the time to help me
with a tough "problem".

For anyone who was interested...the summary is as follows:

I received 33 responses in less than 24 hours (WOW!!!) and EVERY
single one said to treat my daughter as if she didn't have Celiac.
Unless there was reason otherwise, she should not be "committed" to
this diet.

Almost all responses agreed to let her eat gluten-free in the house
(since I have a gluten-free kitchen), but when she is out and about
to let her eat whatever is available/offered.

I found that this approach made the most sense because I'm fairly
sensitive and would like to keep my house "safe" and not worry about
cross contamination. We went to lunch today and she had what daddy
had (not gluten free). So, she won't get lots and lots of gluten, but
she will have some frequently....

We will have her tested in the near future...but considering she has
NO symptoms, I don't feel it needs to be done immediately.

Again...thank you all so much for being so king and generous with
your time and expertise.

Stephanie Kelley