ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 08:18:43 +0100
Hi all,

I heard last night that our closest friend here in our church is in hospital
following an accident, when he came off his bike.  He has broken his hip and
his wife is not sure about his thigh.

This may not sound too drastic, but Steve apparently, is absolutely
traumatised by the whole episode and, although the accident occurred on
Thursday, he just hasn't even been able to let the nurses get him up out of
bed.

Our church started house groups up again a few months ago and he is our
leader.  Already our group has suffered a number of setbacks.

There sure are many things in my life right now which make not a bit of
sense as my closest friends seem to be suffering very much and I'm unable to
reach them.

I would certainly be glad of your prayers for Steve and also that someone,
somewhere, somehow, will let me in on visiting him.  (They seem to think us
blind folk don't need to go to see loved ones in hospital etc and crowd out
the visiting times so that you feel quite unable to push in.)

Remember everyone, "The Lord is at hand", ever present, with us right now,
so go on crying out to Him for all in your hearts and see what He does!

--
Carol - Reading, UK

To you, o Lord, I lift up my soul;
In You I trust, o my God.  . . .."  PS25:1-2 NIV.