From:
Elaine Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:38:27 -0400

Thanks for all of your responses to my daughter's on-going high tTG and malabsorption - this listserv is excellent and I'm hoping to post one day that we found the answers, but for now I will summarize all of your advice....

Keep the whole house gf, new toasters, condiments, medication, wooden spoons, cutting boards, hair products and lotions.? Watch packing adhesives, dental products, hand and suntan lotions, lipstick, makeup, vitamins, handles in home, computer keyboard and mouse, car steering wheel, no charcoal briquettes, get rid of old non-stick (teflon) pans, teas can have barley, watch dish detergent, laundry detergent, watch out for kisses from gluten eaters, watch telephones, hand towels, need seperate can opener.

Stay away from processed foods gf or not - watch out for playdough, soaps, shampoos, medications, lotions
Stay off dairy - possible casein intolerance - casein is similar to gluten
No cheating - (she never would cheat)
Possible grains under suspicion - millet, buckwheat, quinoa and possibly teff
Cross contamination
Keep a food diary
Other food intolerances and cross reactions like milk (casein) - soy, corn, eggs or yeast

Persistent symptoms can possibly be from IBS, lactose intolerance, colitis, pancreatic insufficiency or crohn's

Any other ideas for continued high tTG are welcomed - again thanks so much

Elaine
Ft Laud, Florida