From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2008 09:42:31 -0700
I would not remove the tool unless you are really tight on HD space. If
you do not want the icon on your desktop, just delete it from the
desktop. In fact, this tool is normally part of the MS updates and was,
most likely, already on your computer. If you really want to uninstall
it, I think you should be able to do that through the "add/remove
programs" though I have never researched it's removal.

I'm glad that your problem seems to be fixed. Being so, I would follow
the adage that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Tom

[log in to unmask] wrote:
> Tom.  After  downloading and installing the Malicious Software Removal Tool,
> it must have  done the trick.  I remember seeing that it found one thing, but
> when it  finished, I assumed it would show me what it found, but not so.....
> it just  stopped running.  But when I turned it on again... those 'reminders'
> are gone.  So apparently I got a bad virus or something that my Avast did  not
> catch.
>
> But what I want to know now  is, I don't want this Malicious Software Tool on
> my computer.  I mistakenly  downloaded it to my desktop and I want it removed
> from my registry as well as  totally out of my computer.  How do I do
> that...?  Here's the number  of it.  Windows-KB890830-V1.40    I don't want to just
> delete it from my desktop, cause I know it is still in my system.  I'm sure  I
> must have gotten a virus from some nasty site I landed on.
>
> OR ---- should I do as you  suggested by uninstalling the updates as
> mentioned below?   However, I  do feel I picked up some virus.  Thanks so very much
> for all the help I have  received.  Harriet

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml