From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:56:22 -0400
stay away from Kenwood in VA is all I can say, either CA, or you can check
eham, they have reviews for service places and the ones with a lot of good
reviews are all generally good from what I've been told over the years. I'd
suggest avvid is only he was still in business. that's the only Kenwood
place I've ever dealt with. I'd have no clue on cost though. Add in bench
fees and stuff it might not be worth it. I know if it was my TM-G707A, I'd
say it wasn't worth it but at last check, that's still at full power for the
most part, with a 1:1 SWR, get to 1:5 and the 440 power drops almost by half
for some reason.