From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2007 00:36:34 -0400
Sounds like you are on the right track, and while it's nice to have a good
tuner in the station, it's  better to have the antenna properly  installed
and adjusted.

The 75 ohm matching line needs to be there for 20 meters.  It needs to be at
the antenna  and not at the radio end.   Length depends on the  type of coax
used.  You can use a pl 258 double female to connect the pl 259 male of your
50 ohm coax to the pl 259 male of the 75 ohm coax.  The Wireman in SC
www.thewireman.com sells this line for $18 and has a pl 259 on the antenna
end and a female uhf connector  to connect direct to the pl 259 of the 50
ohm coax, without using a double female.

Here is a bit from the butternut troubleshooting guide:

Symptom: High SWR on 20 meter; other bands OK.

Look for: Missing matching line. Antenna not properly tuned. 20 meter
radials not present or
wrong length. Consult instructions for tuning and radial information;
install
matching line RG-11 75 ohm coax, 11 ft 4 in (345.4 cm) if solid dielectric,
13 ft 6 in

(411.5 cm) if foam type.

73, Steve KW3A