From:
Anthony Vece <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 18:02:57 -0400
Lou;

I couldn't have said it any better.

73 De Anthony W2AJV
ECHOLINK NODE NUMBER: 74389

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lou Kline
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 10:56 AM
  Subject: Re: [BLIND-HAMS] Fw: [NYDXA-List] FCC Approves IBOC Go Ahead

  Hi.

  Actually, sponsored radio worked very well for many years.  It wasn't until
  the FCC took the local ownership element out of it and allowed companies
  like Clear Channel to rise that commercial radio went into the dung heap in
  the US.  Radio, when I was growing up in the 60's and 70's was entertaining
  and informative and it just worked.  That was back when the FCC still did
  things in "the public interest" instead of in the corporate interest as
  they do today.

  73, de Lou K2LKK

  At 01:16 PM 4/5/2007 -0400, you wrote:
  >Butch,
  >
  >I wouldn't even mind paying for it if the content were decent, but I
  >certainly don't want to pay for what passes for programming on most
  >commercial radio stations.  It's better here in the Boston area than in many
  >places around the country, but it's far too formulaic, and mostly just plain
  >boring.  I think it all goes back to the fact that as long as it's free, you
  >only get what the sponsors are willing to pay for, and that isn't
  >necessarily what you or I (or any other listener, for that matter) want.
  >
  >Steve

  Louis Kim Kline
  A.R.S. K2LKK
  Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]