Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 18:20:16 +0100
This topic has brought out a lot of comments most I agree with esp. the
getting of the politically correct lot and putting them on an island ( may I
suggest Cuba) as to Radio as far as programming is concerned it is the same
here in the UK most commercial radio ( yes we have commercial radio) is
bland corporate and crap. As for AM well a few Gold stations but some have
now changed over to Asian programming which is even worse crap. We have
Digital with some innovative stations Arrow classic rock and Planet Rock But
most is the same as on FM and AM already despite our D A B being on a
separate band around 200Mhz and from what Ive read on here far better
received as most of country can use portable receivers with a telescopic
antenna. No need for a 9 element yagi We have no plans to use AM for digital
as it would not work right.  The cross fading would kill it as I think you
will find. What I think the FCC want to do is to sell of as much of the
spectrum as possible to useless things like mobile phone companies Though
how they would use %%) Khz I have yet to figure out but be warned when they
finish pushing broadcast bands around to sell off who will be next  us hams
70Cms or 2 metrs could be next.
M0DMD