Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 23:23:25 -0600
hi all,
I was wondering how to go about making a code key for myself, i just want
to be able to say i did it, if infact i can, and who knows, anyway i
attempted to make some electronic in summer school at the school for the
blind now not sure what its called, or if it is still nebraska school for
the visually handicapped but i remember getting all the parts for what i
was going to build, going to radioshack to get the wstuff, and ending up
draining the 9 volt battery, i wasn't making a code key however some other
show off in the class made his and was bragging but that was the first i
realized all my ham stuff went in one ear and out the other sadly, it was
supposed to be a timer of some sort with a buzzer, a switch(button more
exact) and a battery.  well, as i said i ended up draining the 9v when i
pressed the button  and not to mention the book the teacher borrowed the
pages out of and let us thermoform, the lines with intermitant dots did
not make a load of sense to me, im thinking i would have had a half a clue
but obviously i didnt.  I want to make things cuz i think it would be kind
of fun but where would be a simple-ish start, i'm thinking a code key
I just hope the stuff i learned from the previous licenses wasn't a total
waste
i guess the only thing i learned in that summer class was how to drain a
battery really quick :p