Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Steven G. Ables" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 00:53:44 -0600
I haven't run across anything hardware wise that conflicts with the cyrix stuff. I build
3-4 cyrix systems a month. Most have the AWE 64 cards in them. There is a conflict with
the Wavesyn software that comes with this card but there is a patch available. I use the
PR200 chip personally and have had no problems with hardware conflicts on my machine.
That doesn't mean that there isn't something out there that won't work with it though.
Most of the software conflicts that occur are caused by the chip not being recognized as
a pentium. If the software requires "at least a pentium", the software may not allow you
to install. The problem is not that the chip won't run the software, it is that it
thinks you trying to install on a machine with sub-pentium performance. There is a patch
available that causes Windows to recognize the cyrix as a pentium. This resolves the
problem.

Steven