ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 23:21:24 -0600
Pat,

Aren't you diabetic, too?  I can't remember.  Anyhow 19 million people in
this country experience anxiety, panic attacks, and depression of one type
or another.  another 19 million experience other depressive effects so you
are not alone.  That information doesn't encourage you, I know, but it may
help.  For one thing, you are a sensitve person and I mean that in a good
way.  Many people are not sensitive at all and do their dead level best to
mask their true feelings.  Why?  they are so afraid that somebody is going
to find out what, and who, they really are, they will do anything
emotionally to hide their true identity.  I heard Paul Harvey the other day
say on his news report that a medical study has shown that 80 percent,
that's right, 80 percent of people going through chronic depression are next
to cured from vigorous daily exercise.  Rats.  I hate to exercise and I'm
getting too old for that sort of foolishness.  Pat, you have lots of friends
who love and care for you.  More than anything, you have Jesus and He has
you.  He knows exactly all about those things you experience and He promised
never to leave nor forsake you.  when you go through this emotional times,
don't suffer alone.  Call your friends, take out the trash, beat up on
Vernon, or take a walk with him.  It isn't that any of these things help but
just shifting our mind to other things does help.  set your effection on
things above, as Coloseans chapter 3 says.

Phil.