ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 15:55:07 -0400
I think Jesus wore the best he had to ware.  When he was crucified his
garment had no seem.  A garment with no seem had to be a pretty fine garment
if it was gambled for.  He had just come from the pass over  dinner and went
straight to the Garden to pray.  So, he probably hadn't time to change his
clothes.  When the woman with the alabaster box fell at Jesus' feet, she
poured out the best ointment she had on his feet.  Jesus knows the heart of
each one of us, and we humans are not to judge concerning others when we see
them whether they are dressed properly.  We surely should  accept them
regardless of how
they are dressed.  They know if what they are wearing suits the occasion,
and if it suits being in the presents of the one who saved their eternal
soul from damnation.  Speaking only for myself when I have dressed down, I
did it because I was taking advantage of the idea Jesus wouldn't care rather
than dressing down because I had nothing better to ware.  I was sad
afterward, because I knew I was taking advantage of his love and of his
strong desire we all assemble ourselves together.  It was sort of saying to
Our Lord, "as you love me so much, and as you are so hungry to see me in the
house of the lord, I will come dressed as I would to a cook out or football
game because I know you will accept me this way.  I therefore need not dress
better for you."  In the old testament the very best was expected of God's
people, first fruits, tithing of the gross rather than the net of the
proceeds, Etc.  This was before he came down as flesh and stripped himself
of dignity and life for us.  You are free to dress as you wish, and I am not
free to judge you.  I am obligated to love you and to accept you as you are.
Speaking just for me, I would not think of dressing casually unless that
were all I had to ware.  I would not presume on our loving Jesus' love in
that way.  This is just my own feeling, and you are free to do as you
ll.   ----- Original Message -----