ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2007 15:37:35 -0600
In one mega church I was a member of, we had a think big campaign.  Each
Sunday we tried something new.  One Sunday, was the largest hod dog day.  A
company brought in a 16 foot long hot dog and all the kids, hundres of them,
got free hot dogs that day.  Another Sunday we had the world's longest ice
cream Sunday.  They used rain gutters hooked together and filled it with ice
cream, whip cream, nuts, and other toppings.  I believe it was 100 feet
long.  Kids ate out of it like they were pigs feeding at a trough.  I don't
recall the other special items they had but it ran for 6 weeks.  The gran
finale was the day we tried to reach 3,000 people.  We ran just over 3,200
people.  You couldn't even walk around.  That day, we had the world's
tallest living man come and preach to us.  His name was Max palmer.  He was
the second tallest native american.  He was 7 foot 8 and wore size 21 shoes.
He was a grand Christian and love the Lord.  His testimony of how he got
save was wonderful.  After the Sunday evening service, we went up to meet
him.  He was sitting down so everyone the walked up would be more at his
head level.  I said, "Max.  Sandy and I are blind.  I don't know what a 21
size shoe looks like.  Could we see one of your shoes."  He said, "Oh, sure,
I'd like that."  He cross his leg and I could not believe how monsterous
that shoe was.  I've heard of basket ball players with 21 and 22 and maybe
even 23 sizes but even 21 is amazing.  So do churchs have promotions?  We
had at least one every single year.  By the way, a year later, Max married a
4 foot 6 Christian lady where he lived.  No fooling.  It was in the paper.

Phil.