ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jeremy Gilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 19:14:34 -0400
Now I am going to be on a roll tonight, so tonight folks you may see a
lot of emails from me.
Pat, Love is such a strong word, and some people take this word for
granted.
But, let me ask this, what is love exactly? What is your definition of
the word love?
I love the verse John 3:16.  For God so Loved the world that he gave,
now that is a strong word in itself, he gave his only begotten son, how
money people would do this honestly? To give your only child that who so
ever believeth in him shall have ever lasting life.
God gave his only child to die on a cross.  Jesus was punished so
horribly bad, that no human today can remotely fathom it.
The beating, and the hanging on that cross for hours.
Yet, he did it, without a second thought.
Mothers, fathers who are on this list, in all honesty, would you give up
your child without a second thought?
That is love, something so deep that the word actually can not be
explained, something that no one on earth can put into words fully...
So, what is love?
Let me give you some of my opinions if you don't mind. I have 3 words
that come to my mind right off the bat, and I did not think about them.

Cross,
Jesus,
Life.
Jesus gave his live because he loved us so much that he would do
everything in his power so that we don't have to spend eternity in hell,
the cross who held up the man who submitted, gave up his life for the
entire world,  and life, life in Christ is so grand, he never forsakes
you, never leaves you, and is always there for you... he is our molder,
constantly molding us into people, Christians that he knows we can be.
Folks some of us do, and some of us don't, but I hope after I write
this, that you just sit back, and think about this word.
I appreciate your time in allowing me to just speak my thoughts on this
email and I hope that I don't offend anyone.