ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:44:32 -0700
As some of you know, we have a perch for Chester, our African Gray parrot,
which has two suction cups at one end of about a foot long perch.  This way,
he can take showers with us occasionally without having to be hand sprayed,
he hates that, and the steam from the shower is good for his feathers.  So,
I took him into the shower yesterday evening and put him on the perch.
Normally, he likes all this very much and does a lot of noise making while
the shower is running.  Yesterday, however, it didn't work out so well.
Chester picked at the suction cups on our old perch so we got one with
covers that is supposed to make it impossible for him to pick the cups off
and thereby not falling.  I just got the shower running, when I heard
something, and Chester's wings flutter.  I was about two feet away from his
perch but he made a perfect landing on my head, which was wet, and he stayed
on my head until I walked over and discovered the top suction cup had
slipped off.  I realized then, he could probably pull the top cup off the
wall by pulling on the square piece of plastic mounted in front of the cup
to supposedly keep parrots from picking them off the shower walls.  So, we
are going to have to screw something in next time so he can't pull that top
suction cup off.  When I got it pressed back against the shower wall, I
leaned my head up to the perch and Chester climbed back on.  He didn't
whistle or talk or make hardly any sounds the whole time he was in there so
he wasn't happy.  So, this time his wings came in handy.  How about your
wings today?  Have you tried using them?  I think I'll post one of my
favorite inner healing testimonies next.

Phil.