ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:33:19 -0600
Hello, Everyone!

I was moved by Lyn Latham's message about her brothers. Lyn, I want
you to know that from the age of two and a half, I was raised a
Jehovah's Witness.

I was not accepted in my neighborhood, my school, which was The Ohio
State School For The Blind, and the only true friends I had were ham
radio operators. I became a ham in 1961.

I left the Witnesses in April of 1978. I had read the Bible for
myself since the age of nine, against my parents' wishes, but it was
in Braille, so they didn't know what I was reading, anyway, until I
started asking questions. Every time I asked a question which was
against The Society's teachings in New York, I got slapped or
spanked. I was spanked until I left home at the age of twenty-nine to
go to Arizona with my first husband in April of 1978. From there, I
began searching for the Truth. I finally found The Truth in 1982 when
I was saved by the pastor of a small church in Phoenix called Squaw
Peak Covenant Church. The pastor came to my house, having never met
me before, but my second, and late, husband was also there and had
been a member of The Covenant Church there for
twenty-one years.

Anyway, when Worth Hodgin, the pastor at that time, came to my house,
John was already there and had explained what I needed to do, having
read me Scriptures about it. Worth just emphasized it, telling me
that when I let Jesus into my heart, I would have the Peace that
passes all understanding. Well, I was able to get on my knees at that
time, so I did it, and I asked Jesus into my heart that day. I
confessed my sins and told Him I was probably the worst sinner there
ever could be! When I got up, I felt such Peace, I can't even begin
to tell you how beautiful it felt!

Going back to Jehovah's Witnesses, they don't salute the flag or vote
or accept blood transfusions, saying that accepting blood
transfusions is like eating someone else's blood because when you eat
food or take medicine in the hospital, it's usually by IV. They spank
their kids till they leave home, and some people never leave home, so
they get spanked at 60 years of age! I know a lady whom that happened
to, too. The meetings, as they are called, are three times a week,
two hours per session, except the Book Study once a week. Yes, I said
Book Study. They don't read the Bible except The New World
Translation, and a lot of Scriptures are twisted, added, and taken
away from any other Bible translations I've ever read, and I've read
all of them that I can get my little fingers into!

Children, even little babies, must be quiet, and if they're not, they
are taken to the back room of the Kingdom Hall and spanked until
their little bottoms are red with welts!

Everything must agree with The Watchtower, Bible and Tract Society at
124 Columbia Heights, New York, NY. My mother is still involved with
them to the extent that she won't talk to me on the phone when I call
her if she has Witness Friends over to her house in Venice, Florida.
She hangs up on me. She doesn't call me back. We E-Mail once in a
while, and when I can catch her without anyone being there, she will
talk for hours!

I haven't seen her since November of 1983, and she's pushing 84 years
of age now. I might as well resign myself to the fact that I will
never see her alive again! I have prayed for her Salvation, and I've
been praying for that for twenty-four years now. Would all of you
pray for her Salvation, please? My Dad died in 1997.

Thanks for reading this, you guys!

In Christian LOVE,
Reeva Parry.