From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 13:07:03 -0400
They actually make mounts for just that kind of mounting and stuff, I
wouldn't put a big beam on it, but for a smallish beam, with a reasonably
low wind load, you should be good, I'd put 75 LB sand bags though at the
least, I like to go overkill on my projects, but with something like that,
it's better to go over than under. If you have a cushcraft beam in mind,
check out there site, I believe they have wind load ratings and stuff right
on the site or in the downloadable documentation.