From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:27:44 -0600
well, I refused to take the antenna down at the last qth and they evicted
us.
Which, we didn't fight since they were being very unreasonable about allot
of other things as well, including guide dogs and kids making noise.
The antenna was the last straw I guess.  Funny, though, since i had it up
for almost 2 years before they finally asked me to remove it.
I sent the manager around 100 pages of federal regulations regarding amateur
radio antenna structures and my right and privallage to erect one for my own
use as well as use in an emergency situation...it kind of went in one ear
and out the other.
Here, at my new QTH, which is actually an even more densly populated
townhouse complex, I only needed to ask to put up a ham radio antenna
system, which could include two supports up to a maximum of 30 feet tall
each on the fence line, and the only thing they requested was that I don't
physically attach the supports to the fence with screws or nails.  And, they
couldn't be attached to the building.  So i use heavy duty hose clamps
around the 4 by 6 fence posts to anchor the push up poles.
Not a single complaint about RFI, unsightlyness or whining neighbors.
I am going to find out this spring if it is ok to put a small support on the
roof with heavy sand bag anchors for a small beam or something similar.
73
Colin, V A6BKX