Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 09:03:52 -0500
Tom,

Over the past few years I've seen the braid vs. strap thing debated on the
Tower Talk list.  Some guys swear by braid, but many of the  others  say
that strap is  the only way to go.    The problem is supposed to be the
resistance  in all the zillions of connections where the fine wires cross
and recross.  Time, age, wx and how "tight" the braid is or isn't are also
factors in this theory.

Strap has a lot of surface area, but can be hard to route or get into the
house in some instances.   To get  a good connection  of strap to the ground
rod there is a ss clamp by Polyphaser (maybe others) or home brew something
likecut a vertical slit in the rod, insert strap and clamp.  Use no-ox of
course.

I would never use untinned braid outside, and would think twice about using
tinned braid outside.
Good luck, Steve KW3A