Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:08:52 -0400
Since this is a very new printer, I notice that Windows XP does not have the
driver info.   I would assume that  there was a CD packed with the machine.
Usually one must install the CD before plugging the device into the USB
port.  In the case of the TCP/IP route is there a default IP address built
into the HP2840? I would assume that you are using XP or VISTA since this is
obviously a very new machine.  I can not imagine someone who could afford
the HP 2840 using an old 'puter.

William