From:
"Tony M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 20:09:46 -0800
Linda -

With enough money, one can accomplish almost anything...  If the drive
surface itself is damaged, then *most* of the data is still on your
drive.  However, it won't be possible for the average home user to
retrieve it.  It *may* be possible for a professional data-recovery
company to get some of the information back, depending on the actual
damage to the drive.  However, that can be a very expensive process.

If it's just the case that was damaged then simply getting another
external case and swapping the drives would suffice to get you up and
running again...

Tony Mayer