From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:23:36 -0400
for monoband mobiles, the Kenwood TM-271A is probably 1 of the best ever in
the modern era of radios. If you don't mind something you can't reprogram if
you go in an area you don't know, most of what's out there will do just
fine. I can say though, it's that 1 time you take a radio in an area you
don't know and get lost and have to ask directions on the radio, you'll wish
you had something you can change PL tone and stuff on the road. I know, my
Kenwood TM-271A was a huge help on a January trip to CT. we got completely
lost and I had to program in a repeater on the fly to get help. I was never
so glad I could do that.