From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 18:35:25 -0400
Hi Brett.

I would expect it to favor the east somewhat.  I suspect that it will do a
pretty decent job for you.  It is much the same principle as mounting a
Hamstick on a bumper of a vehicle except that the 5BTV is probably a bit
more efficient, and certainly more versatile.

You'll have to let us all know how it works out.  The only possible
advantage that I see to the GAP Titan over the 5BTV is coverage of the WARC
bands, but other than that, I suspect that your antenna will work well on
the five bands that it is designed to cover.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 07:28 AM 7/2/2007 -0600, you wrote:
>For Lou and others,  I suspect I would not put a gap at the cabin but
>might take my 5btv up Labor day for testing and leave it there for next
>season.  Butch,  I will also put a wall bracket at the end of the
>building which would put the antenna at the peak and one end of the
>metal roof. This would put the roof east of the antenna so not sure what
>this will do to the propagation pattern.  This may only stay one year as
>we are considering expansion but not sure if this will begin in 2009 or
>2008. =20
>
>###Thank you!
>Brett Winchester=20
>ICBVI -- Reading Services