From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2007 12:59:19 -0400
John,

It's possible that this may all be the result of Microsoft not having
updated their Outlook and Outlook Express interfaces to behave like IE 7.
Remember that starting with version 7 of JFW, FS optimized JAWS to work best
with IE 7.  Also, bear in mind that Microsoft isn't always very helpful when
it comes to providing hooks to the operating system, and screen reader
developers have to reverse engineer just about everything.  Having been a
programmer, I can tell you that reverse engineering is extremely difficult,
and the results may not always be what we'd like to see.  Granted, FS needs
to fix a lot of things, but the folks in Redmond don't exactly make it easy
to do that.

Steve