From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2007 21:44:44 -0600
The th f6a is a Great choice in radio.
It is always good to have an extra battery around.
The double A pack will only give you maybe half a watt tx power, maybe a
watt, but not usually enough to matter much.  Unless your pretty close to
the repeater.
$50 isn't bad for an extra battery, but i think
www.batteriesamerica.com
has the battery for the th f6a a bit cheaper.
Also, not sure what you were getting at, but if you are interested in an
alternate mounting senario other then magnetic mount, there is trunk mounts,
gutter mounts, roof mounts and a couple others i probably forgot.
Usually a magnetic mount antenna comes with the mount, a length of coax with
a connecter and the whip itself with a load on the bottom or an NMO mount
that screws onto the magnetic bass.
An NMO mount is just a standard type of connection that many manufacturers
use to connect an antenna to a mount.
73
Colin, V A6BKX