From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2007 23:45:58 -0400
Hi.

Mine is strung across my back yard, up about 25 ft.  With the lack of
available supports, that was the best I could do.  I had to put about a 20
degree bend in the one leg to get it to fit into my yard, and unfortunately
there is a chain link fence around my back yard that may be complicating
things a lot.  I use 450 ohm ladder line for the balanced portion  of the
feed, with a 1:1 balun and then RG8X going back to the radio.  I used a
dummy load to verify that there is no problem with the coax, and all
connections are clean and good.  I only have a 90 x 62 ft. area to work in,
and am beginning to think that there is no way to put an efficient HF
multiband antenna system in an area that small.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]