From:
Brett Winches <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2007 08:28:08 -0600
The ts430 has 8 memory channels.  Set each one up for a known frequency
on the bands and use them as markers.  Each turn of the tuning knob is
about 11 KHz.  I think memory 6 and 7 are paired so you can set one for
an upper limit and the other for a lower one and than scan between each.

I typically leave the Novice band 28.3 to 28.5   set in 6 and 7 and 29.6
fm in memory 8.

With these simple steps I am still very happy with my 430 after more
than 20 years of operation.  There have been articles for speech and cw
readouts for this rig in older QST magazines and I think you could get
one of the little cw frequency counters to use as a secondary frequency
measurement source with good success.  Enjoy the hobby and talk to you
later.

-----
BRETT WINCHESTER
208-639-8386