From:
Pat Tice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2007 09:50:44 -0500
I will "second" this opinion about the Kenwood THK2AT. We had a blind user demonstrate this rig at our California Radio Camp last February, and have decided that it is the rig of choice for our new Technician licensees at Minnesota Radio Camp.  More information about the Kenwood THK2AT can be found at the Universal Radio website:
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/ht/2222.html

The THF6A has also been highly regarded for accessibility, if you need VHF/UHF and wideband receive. The THF6A helper section of our website, which contains some audio tutorials, is here:
http://www.handiham.org/manuals/Kenwood/THF6A/

Now we need someone with the THK2AT to do an audio tutorial and I'll post it on the website as well! Any takers?

TNX and 73,
Pat

Best Regards,

Patrick Tice, WA0TDA, Manager
Courage Handiham System
3915 Golden Valley Road
Golden Valley, MN 55422
Voice Toll-Free: 1-866-426-3442
FAX: 763-520-0577
TTY: 763-520-0245
www.handiham.org

Visit Handi-Hams on the web at http://handiham.org for our online audio news, information about our program, and much more. While you're there, link to www.courage.org and learn how abilities and disabilities can become possibilities.