From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2007 14:48:36 -0400
Richard,

This is a partial answer, since I've never used this function.  If you use
the built in TNC for  DX cluster stuff, you can set it to  announce the
incoming data in either morse or voice.   Not sure if both call and freq are
sent.  The idea is to alert you that a dx station has been spotted  on the
packet cluster.   Settings are  in one of the sub menus of  menu 49. I think
default is morse, with options of voice and off.

Maybe this is what you were thinking of.

73, Steve KW3A