From:
Brett Winches <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:59:54 -0600
I WOULD SUSPECT THAT IF YOU CAN GET THE HIGHT ABOVE 7 FEET YOU WILL BE
OK FOR EVERYTHING BUT nba PLAYERS AND WANTA BEES.    I worked end at at
a broadcast station and the base radials 360 of them exited the tower
doghouses at 7 feet or roof hight and than proceeded outward for 30 feet
or so before dropping vertically to the ground dropping  just inside a
wooden snow/tumbleweed fence  where they proceeded outward in their
direction of radius underground.    At the inside of the fence all the
radials were tied together as well as at the base of the towers thus
forming an electrical disc arrangement.  beyond the fence the radials
were not again tied to each other.

A wonderful  antenna system in general and when we had an opportunity to
load this on 160 it was fantastic.  The towers were I think 480 feet
tall.  There were for of them in the entire array.  We were not however
able to load the entire array as the phasing and matching networks could
not be retuned.  this all was fed with 3 inch nitrogen filled coax for
the broadcast transmitter.

-----
Thank you!
Brett Winchester