Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:35:56 -0500
Hi Jeff, Colin, and Russ,

Tnx for the replies and good info.  I have heard of  the Win radio, but it's
out of my range also.  And as much as I want total pc control of a scanner,
I'd also like to  operate  without a pc on  12 vdc in case of power failure
/ disaster.

Saw a note from the GRE design team on a page  about the PRO 2096.  It
mentioned that GRE / Radio Shack scanners were not pc  controalable due to
firmware limitations.

And finally, tnx for the link on the scanner review.   From the little I've
picked  up in some internet searches, it seems that Uniden / Bearcat
scanners can be remotely controlled via pc.   I look forward to  checking
out this review later today.
Tnx again and 73 de Steve KW3A