Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:26:22 -0400
Phil,

My experience mirrors yours in many respects.  Kept bugging cable and they
finally got fiberoptic run in here in 2000.  Switched from Dialup and would
never go back.

Was on home.com; then Attbi, then Comcast.  But, the phone company offered DSL
for $22 per month cheaper than cable.  I ordered it, cancelled my cable internet
much to Comcast's protestation that if I'd only told them, they might have made
me a better offer.

Download speeds are a bit slower, particularly at first, (read on), but it
doesn't appear to affect performance.  Maybe it would if I were streaming much
video, but for the normal file download, even a large file, I can still do other
things in the background.

Last year, a guy on 75 meters, K8SRH, told me that the phone company was
offering DSL for $12.95/month instead of the $27 I was paying.  I called SBC and
sure enough, they said they'd switch me to the lower price as a loyal existing
customer.

She asked me if I'd like to go to a higher speed for $19.95 instead?  Figuring
I'd still be saving money, I said sure.  She got a tech on the line and he
checked my line and said I was too far away for the higher speed, you need to be
less than two miles, and so I couldn't switch.  But, in looking at my line, he
remotely adjusted the modem because of some line noise.  My download speed
doubled, and my price is less than half.

Happy customer, and they renewed it for another year at that price.

Steve, K8SP