Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Subject:
[[log in to unmask]: Re: Beating the Accessibility Drum]
From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:41:29 -0400
I also said I'd help as much as I could...I'm right with y'all! As I
said--they're as good as their word, and better than most. (Drool)

----- Forwarded message from wayne burdick <[log in to unmask]> -----

To: Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Buddy,

You're the third blind ham who has contacted me today, so we must be
doing something right  :)

Gary Lee and Lou Kolb have both offered to help us define the CW
feedback characters for the switches and knobs (and later, voice
feedback using the DVR option). I hope to kick off that activity
sometime after Dayton, with the aid of some drawings that show the
controls and their text clearly for your purposes.

Building the kit unaided may present many difficult challenges, but you
may be able to assist someone with it. There's a lot of small hardware,
and the manual will have dozens of photos. We'll try to work with you
on this, but our initial goal is to keep the company afloat by getting
the preliminary manual out and start shipping kits.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

On Apr 29, 2007, at 7:28 PM, Buddy Brannan wrote:

>Hi Wayne,
>
>(Yes, it's me again, Margaret!)
>
>I just got word of the K3 yesterday, and...wow...drool drool
>drool...something else to save pennies for after adoption #2 (I think
>the KX1's coming again to Ukraine!)
>
>So anyway, I do have a couple questions about the rig though:
>
>1) You read my mind: will there be accessibility features built in or
>available? The KRC2-AC was fantastic, I love it, and the KX1, too, is
>wonderful for accessibility. Will the K3 follow in the footsteps of
>these? Can we expect to get full operating parameters output to us in
>some way other than the front panel LCD, preferably without having to
>be leashed to a computer? (I'm thinking that cw output of RTTY and PSK
>QSO's would be a lot of fun...LOL...) Since there was no mention of
>this in the initial announcement, I wanted to clarify. Sure Melanie, I
>need another radio. Pretty please?
>
>Second: the idea of the modular, solderless kit intrigues me. I've
>really wanted to try my hand at kit building a while, but I haven't
>had anyone to show me the finer points of soldering tiny
>components. Or big ones, for that matter. OK, so someone might say
>that putting the K3 together is sort of not the same thing since we
>don't get to wind the toroids, but I'm game. Think it'd be possible
>for a blind guy to put a K3 together? I'm game to try :)
>
>Vy 73,
>--
>Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV
>Email: [log in to unmask] or phone 888-75-BUDDY
>Get a free online mall and earn on 1000 stores:
>http://www.powermall.us
>>From Kitchen Disaster to Culinary Master, make meals and baking
>easier and faster: http://www.tastyshop.net
>...And see how a Watkins business can improve your life. Read our
>free Ebook: http://www.tastybiz.com

---

http://www.elecraft.com

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV
Email: [log in to unmask] or phone 888-75-BUDDY
Get a free online mall and earn on 1000 stores:
http://www.powermall.us
From Kitchen Disaster to Culinary Master, make meals and baking