Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:32:45 -0400
Hi.

I found that when I tried to use the noise reduction, that it took out much
of the actual recording, as if it couldn't decide what was noise.  Part of
the problem may be an accessibility issue in that it is very difficult with
Audacity to tell where the cursor is or to manipulate it effectively with
JAWS and to select only certain spots in the recording, so part of the
problem may be the way that noise is sampled, but other programs are much
easier to control mouselessly and give much better feedback with JAWS.

As for the equalization, the main reason why I don't like Audacity is that
it simply isn't as customizable as Nero is.  The equalization works as
advertised, but you can't do as much with it.

As for the speed atuning, and Amplification routines, they work extremely
well, and I use them all the time.

If you can shed some light on how to control the cursor effectively in the
recording, or if you know of JAWS scripts somewhere that address some of
these issues, I'd be happy to take another look at the effects that I've
had trouble with, but frankly, if there is a technique that works with this
software, it is not obvious.

And, the documentation leaves much to be desired.

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Work e-mail:  [log in to unmask]