ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2007 15:46:14 -0600
I thought, although I have some touching up to do with this testimony, you
might like to read it now.  I am adding some Scriptural passages to back up
what I said about words in this article but for now, this is the true story.
It happened this week just last Wednesday.  You may choose, the key word
here is, choose, not to believe this is a miracle.  That's ok.

The Authority Of Words

Does What We Say Really Matter?

By Phil Scovell

     "How important are spoken words?"

     Recently our newest member of the Scovell family tree was
born.  After nearly two month of being off work, it was time for
his mother to return to her employment.  Junior, he is named after
his father so I call him Junior, or June, wasn't all that
interested in his mom going back to work and especially since he
was being breast fed.  Fortunately, her job isn't far from home
and each day his dad was going to take him to where she worked and
she would have her lunch break to nurse him and spend time with
him.  Junior was, to say the least, less than pleased with staying
with his grandma and grandpa without the ability to nurse.  In
short, he had no interest in taking a bottle at all even if it was
truly his own mother's milk in the bottle.

     In prenatal classes my daughter in law and son were attending
at the hospital, a nurse teaching the class made the statement,
"Some babies will never take a bottle once they have been breast
fed."  I learned very quickly, in my intercessory prayer sessions
with people, that such words often had a direct effect on the
mother and her unborn baby.

     Shortly after Junior was born, I was watching an educational
channel on the cable television concerning birth.  Using
ultrasound and other highly sophisticated electronic devices, such
as miniature cameras used for in utero prenatal surgical
procedures, the two hour program documented conception, fetal
development and growth, and almost day by day.  They also
literally video taped the actual birthing of the child, too.

     I was especially interested with the third trimester of
growth.  According to what I witnessed in this scientific
presentation, the third trimester is when a baby's higher brain
functionality and mind processing capabilities begins to develop
expediently.  It begins recognizing familiar sounds, becomes aware
of its existence and explores its internal world, and will even
demonstrate reflex by recoiling from loud external sounds or
sudden blows to the mother's abdomen.  they have even proved the
unborn feel physical pain through other medical tests.  If you are
thinking, what happens if a baby is born two or three months
prematurely, you would be on the right track.  The answer is that
the baby is now forced to learn and grow externally from the
protection of its mother's womb.  this poses a very important
question.  Does this mean a baby can hear what is spoken or felt
externally, that is, prior to birth?  Scientifically, this is
already proved to be true.

     As I was saying, Junior, our grandson, wasn't interested in
taking a bottle and little wonder as to why.  My daughter was
holding him one day and thinking about a story I had shared
concerning her oldest brother,  His testimony is on my website and
is called, "Do Babies Hear Us Talking."  He heard, in this prayer
session, words spoken about him when he was one day old.  I have
personally prayed with people dozens of times that have awareness
in utero and following birth itself.

     When the statement was made, "Some babies never will take the
bottle," my wife spoke up and said, "We need to pray against that
because that's a lie and not even true."  Being the highly
sophisticated, theologically scholarly giant of a man of God I am,
I never thought anything about what she said.  Odd, you might
think, since I have prayed with people about issues exactly like
this dozens of times but it never registered with me for some
reason.

     The first week we had him, Junior was crying and refusing to
take the bottle.  Gretchen, my daughter, was trying to calm him
when she remember what the instructor had said.  At the same
moment, she remembered the story I had told my family about her
brother hearing things the first day following his birth which the
Lord exposed as a lie and renewed his mind accordingly.  Gretchen
laid her hands on the baby and said, "Lord, this little boy cannot
pray for himself.  He can't even tell us what is wrong.  I bind
the words spoken against him that he may never take a bottle and
call them null and void in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ."
She picked up the bottle of his mother's breast milk and he began
drinking immediately.  He takes the bottle freely now from anyone
in the family.

     So, I end with the same question with which I began.  "How
important are spoken words?"  Our words work two ways, that is,
they are positive in nature, or words of faith, or they are
negative words, that is utterances of doubt and fear in the form
of disbelief.  Which do you speak and what do you believe about
what you say in the name of Jesus?  Are you bilingual, that is,
speaking forth that which is good and that which is bad?  Jesus
said this is impossible for a Christian.  So if it happens, who is
grieved?  That's right; the Holy Spirit.  why?  because the Holy
Spirit that dwells inside of every Christian, cannot agree with
words which are not Scriptural, that is, are untrue.  He can't
because it is totally against His nature.  So which is it going to
be?  Our way or God's?

It Sounds Like God To Me.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com