ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 23:32:02 +0100
Hmmm!  Phil, you've been coming up with some good questions lately.  Sorry I
haven't felt there have been enough hours in each day to address them all.
Let's see, though, on this one . .. ..

Well, Phil, if that "grain of mustard seed" has anything to do with it I'd
suggest it's a very small amount of faith we need indeed.  Of course, this
is certainly God's language and the way He sees things, so we can't really
even begin to measure accurately in the flesh, can we?

Sometimes, though probably not always, I get this "spontaneous" faith rising
up and it's beyond description;  you just know it's real.  Other times I
find I just have to "push out into the deep" and proclaim faith words,
appropriating them in my situation and trusting Him as best I can.  (At
other times I have known I've failed to trust too . . . but we won't go
there right now.)

This morning was a good example of thisspeaking to God  about putting my
trust in Him.  I found I just had too much on during the next few days.  I
hadn't deliberately taken on too much;  some things hadn't been planned by
me but I'd agreed to them, knowing that it was a suitable time for the
others concerned.  Anyway, I was beginning to feel a bit stressed as I woke
up and knew I didn't really want to face all of this.  After a few little
deliberations I found myself just saying, "Well, I just trust You in this,
Lord."  I didn't really know if I was trusting but knew that was all I could
say or do at the time.  Five minutes later Mike called me to say that the
trip to visit the swans and a meal I was to cook afterwards wouldn't be
happening, and thatt took the whole of tomorrow out of the calendar, leaving
me free to rest.

"Thank You, Lord."

Now, you didn't ask for all this on faith, did you, but I had thought early
today that I'd write up that little testimony.  As things are, when I
started writing this I hadn't a clue that I'd share it now.

Forgive me everyone if it's rather long-winded but it's very late here and I
am extremely tired so it's not the best time for me to be answering the
question.

Goodnight and God bless you all.

--
Carol