ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lelia Struve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2007 23:09:33 -0400
Phil, I just read your booklet on titheing and you make some pretty
good points. As I read that, I am beginning to realize that when we
read the bible or when we hear things preached to us or taught to us,
we don't realize that sometimes the verses before and after the verse
that is being taught is not being read. Another good point you make is
that we are still after all this time are trying to live under the law.
Also, I like the fact and agree with you that when we give it shouldn't
be because we have to, it needs to be cause we want to. I know that
when we've given we both feel good and the blessing comes in the fact
that we were able to give to others and maybe make a difference
financially for some one. I think it is easy to be legalistic in
regards to many things. You mentioned wearing slacks verses dresses.
smile!!! We used to go to a church and I actually asked why they taught
that women shouldn't wear slacks. Of course the part in the new
Testament was given. AGain, I'm slowly beginning to realize how much we
live both under the law and under grace.

Lelia .

--
Email services by FreedomBox.  Surf the Net at the sound of your voice.
www.freedombox.info