ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chipmunks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 22:33:52 +0200
No, Miranda is an IM client of its own with the capability to connect
to multiple chat networks. If you have not used any chat before, you
will have to create a new account with the chat network of your
choice , except with IRC where you just select the nick name you want
to use and then connect to the network and server of your choice.

Most windows xp machines will have windows messenger installed by
default. This is accessible and connects to the msn network. Even
though the chat program might be installed, you still need an msn
account in order to use it. Note that it is possible to sign up for
msn using your current email address. You just need to register it
with the msn network/create what they call a "net passport" with your
address. You do not need to sign up for a hotmail email address.

hth

Doris