ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:00:00 -0600
Kathy,

I will think about what you say.  I do understand your meaning. Probably
the scripture that expresses my meaning is...

James 2:14-18
14 What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no
works? Can that faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food,

16 and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and
yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?

17 Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.

18 But someone may well say, "You have faith and I have works; show me your
faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works."

Not that works are all, but people naturally want to be a part of something
that is greater than themselves, something that can do perhaps what they
cannot do themselves. Perhaps they are not evangelists, but through their
offerings or offer o their talents and gifts, they can help achieve that.
As pastor Ron use to say... "Some are payer, some a prayors, some are goers
and some are stayers". But all like to see direction and vision of the
house of God.  We are to have a vision, or we falter and parish.

Brad